The CommUNITY Service Team is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community service organization
The CommUNITY Service Team is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community service organization
The CommUNITY Service Team seeks to put God's love into action by bringing people together to serve,
educate and support our community and the world at large.
The CommUNITY Service Team brings people together to SERVE by instigating, organizing and deploying community service projects with easy pathways for people, churches and organizations. The CSTeam EDUCATES by instigating, organizing and facilitating Biblically based life application and recovery education, Life Group gathering and other settings. Lastly the CSTeam SUPPORTS by coming up beside local community service organizations in order to help them be even more successful and more efficient both operationally and financially.
Please join us in serving dinner at the Salvation Army, Hope Harbor the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. Arrive at Hope Harbor 622 N. Sacramento Street @ 4:15pm. Dress casual, bring a mask, and ware closed toed shoes. Serving ends at 5:30pm, Click here to sign up or just show up. Its both fun and very rewarding.
The Morengo Men's Homes. currently 1 ime per month 2pm - 3pm in Galt. A community service of visiting disabled men, encouraging, singing songs and sharing God's word and love.
Ongoing distribution of foods to the Morengo Homes in Galt, shut-ins and those in need.
Ongoing food package distribution at the Salvation Army warehouse on Lockford Street Every Tuesday through Thursday, 12:15pm - 3pm. Show up, ask for Chris Scott eh warehouse Manager and tell them the CommUNITY Service Team sent ya. Fact is, we'll see ya there!
Scheduled Nights of Worship and Prayer @ Hope Harbor. All welcome, usually the third Friday of every month.
Community Garden at the Salvation Army Hope Harbor. All harvest is free to community. Dang, the tomatoes are huge this year!
CommUNITY Service Team Holy Grill Catering Service. Help the CSTeam to fundraise through paid-for-service catering events with funds raised being channeled back into the community.
* Facilitate and lead a weekly Salvation Army Men's Life Group at Hope Harbor. Ongoing Biblical life-skills & recovery education. Over 45 hours of educational training in a year time frame.
* Friday Men's Life Group. All guys welcome. We watch Andy Stanley, Craig Groschel messages and other leadership content then share what we learned and how we are going to use it. Every Friday morning @ Trevizo Tile on Beckman in Lodi. 7:30am - 8:30am.
SUPPORT / COMPLETED PROJECTS / DONATIONS LIST
* Directions Medical Clinic - Holy Grill use 10/23/2021.
* Victorious Ministry Through Prayer convention catering $225.
* Faith Community Church Youth Service Project / Home cleanup 10/9/2021.
* Community Garden hose replacement $35.
* Salvation Army Kettle Kick-off table host $100.
* Salvation Army Lobster Feed service 15 volunteers.
* Salvation Army Lobster Feed underwriting donation $500.
* Salvation Army Culinary towels donation $65.
*Grace & Mercy Golf Tournament sponsor $1,000.
* Hole Sponsor and the 2021 Salvation Army Golf Fundraiser.
* Purchased "Action Bibles" for the Salvation Army to give away to kids.
* Held several Salvation Army Men's Life Groups dinners and Life Group curriculum review meeting in the park.
* Catered and provided food + using the Holy Grill at another Habitat for Humanity of San Joaquin County customer service appreciation event. Partnered with Grace & Mercy Foundation for food.
* Funded and helped plant the annual Community Garden at Salvation Army Hope Harbor.
* Facilitated and hosted another Cornhole, Slamjam event and BBQ event for the Salvation Army men / review class material.
* Supported Habitat for Humanity of San Joaquin County by catering the "Thank you for helping us build homes, communities and hope" BBQ.
* Served and supported Salvation Army in partnership with Grace & Mercy to serve dinners for 2 weeks.
* Fundraised $5,000 and distributed it all to 6 Lodi non-profits.
* Organized & facilitated the 4th Salvation Army Christmas Party $500.
* Purchased socks, gloves and caps to distribute $250.
* Partnered with 3 other non-profits for a Hot Dog fundraiser for the Llonas family in Lodi $5,000 raised.
* Donated $150 to Llonas family who's son died.
* FCC / Axis Church Keurig coffee pot donation $85.
* Habitat for Humanity of San Joaquin County ReStore Clean Up Project / 22 volunteers.
* Grace & Mercy Foundation - Provided The Holy Grill at 5 events & helped raise $21,000 towards the purchase of a walk-in freezer and operational expenses.
* $1,000 donated to Grace & Mercy to start the fundraiser with the Holy Grill.
* Purchased foods and clothing for the homeless over by the Armory in Lodi $150.
* The Ricardo Project. Fundraiser and delivery of clothing & necessities to Ricardo a homeless gentleman in Lodi $500.
* Purchased Peoria Cooker / "The HOLY GRILL". Privately funded.
* Purchased 100 cup coffee pot for Grace & Mercy $130.
* Purchased 25 Life Recovery Bibles for Freed by faith $300.
* Donated $10,000 to Salvation Army of Lodi.
* Donated $5,000 to Grace & Mercy.
* Donated $5,000 to 180 Teen Center.
* Salvation Army Christmas Party. 67 men, women and families at Hope Harbor .
attended. We sang, ate pizza & wings, played BINGO for prizes, gave gifts and shared
what we are thankful for.
* 18+ Bell Ringers for the Salvation Army.
* Morengo Men's Homes Christmas Party. Bingo & gifts. $300.
* 7 Salvation Army men serve breakfast at Faith Community PJ's & Pancakes.
* 11 serve at Lodi House cleaning, building and large dump run & lunch @ IN N OUT $145.
* 15 people served at the 2019 Salvation Army Lobster Feed.
* New Salvation Army Hope Harbor Dining Room wall art work $350.
* Purchased new 55" TV $400.
* $1,000 donation to Church Planter / Pastor from Avanos Turkey .
* Sponsored 2 men to Gravity Men’s Retreat $320.
* 2019 Sponsors for the Habitat for Humanity & Salvation Army golf fundraisers $1,500.
* An average of 15 Salvation Army men attending Sunday services at Faith Community Church.
* 9 Salvation Army men baptized.
* 2019 Salvation Army Golf Tournament sponsor $1,500.
* Adult Teen Challenge, Ceres California. Biblical life-skills training and recovery education classes & “Guardrails Series” CD donation.
* Planted Community Garden at Hope Harbor $100.
* 5/2019 / Salvation Army Hope Harbor east wall community graphic by Daniel Bryant.
* 2019 Love Lodi / Painted the entire dining hall at Salvation Army, Hope Harbor $450.
* Teen Challenge of San Joaquin donation $1,000.
* Purchased 4 cases of NIV Study Bibles $400.
* Grace & Mercy storage upgrade project donation $5,000.
* Salvation Army Annual Event sponsor & donation $1,000.
* Morengo Homes CD Song Disk set replacement / extension cord.
* Grace and Mercy complete north patio rebuild project. $2,500.
* Grace and Mercy entry ramp upgrade project donation of $10.000.
* Fully funded the Salvation Army Hope Harbor Flooring Replacement Project / +2K Sq. ft, waterproof flooring $14,500.
* Salvation Army Men's Christmas Party 2018 $500.
* Salvation Army Kettle Ringing $850.
* Salvation Army Kettle Kick-off fundraiser $1,500.
* Salvation Army Annual Lobster Feed service team / 15 volunteers.
* Salvation Army Golf Tournament sponsor $1,500.
* 9/2018 North Carolina post hurricane relief funding $5,000.
* 9/8/2018, Faith Community Church. 13 local projects needing over 80 people for the
Love Lodi projects.
* Habitat For Humanity Golf Tournament Silver Sponsor $1,000.
* Salvation Army Men's Christmas Party 2017 $450.
* Salvation Army Women's Cubby build project for the women's entry $350.
* 2 CommUNITY Service Saturdays in 2017 serving PRC of Lodi, Lodi House, Salvation Army and other Lodi needs.
There was a lot more but we just can't remember 'em all?
Things like Church in the Park and many Love Lodi events and other times of service.
Manufactured by Peoria Cooker this beast is called "The Meat Monster" and is a 30" X 60", 1" insulated grill box, 37" fire pit, 2 propane burners & external fire-box. 3K lbs, tandem axle, 3 thermometers, 2 smoke stacks and a very large storage box.
Ya, it's awesome... it's the kind of blessing only God can give.
The Holy Grill is a tool used to live out the CSTeam's mission of SERVing and SUPPORTing the community.
The Holy Grill is an absolute game changer in every way. Delivering award winning BBQ to being a drop-dead beast of smoke & char it's a crowd favorite every time. Seriously, people gather around and just stare at her, watch the bellowing smoke, smell the outrageous fumes. it's really cool!
The Holy Grill provides easy and meaningful pathways for volunteers to SERVE in the community,
The Holy Grill can be secured on a per donation basis and includes delivery within 25 miles & post-use cleaning, We deliver no earlier then 8am & pick up no later at 8pm. Use the Contact Us form on this web site to learn more.
Fox 40 news interviews Bill Moersch while the CSTeam supports the Salvation Army while serving dinners at Grace & Mercy for 2 weeks. Date: 1/8/2021
Grace & Mercy BBQ Drive Thru Fundraiser 5/2020
9 Salvation Army guys baptized! 7/2019
Salvation Army Hope Harbor dining room wall painting project
Grace & Mercy Patio Project
Salvation Army Lobster Feed 2018
Alejandro Villa testimony 12/2018
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Grace & Mercy insures that no one goes hungry and as a community we pull together to make this a safe, healthy environment to live in and raise our families.
The Lodi House is a private non-profit organization that creats a secure, structured environment for homeless women and children. They provide stability, training, accountability and renewal for our clients.
A confidential medical clinic offering pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and education on the three pregnancy options: parenting, adoption and abortion, we provide parenting education to those who choose to continue their pregnancy through our parenting program and post abortion counseling to those who choose to do so.
Habitat for Humanity of San Joaquin County partners with people in our community to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage.
VolunteerMatch is the largest network in the nonprofit world, with the most volunteers, nonprofits and opportunities to make a difference.
The CommUNITY Service Team was birthed out of the Great Commission to "go and make" in the community He has entrusted unto us. For several decades the founder, Bill Moersch has been active ministry and service leadership in the Lodi community and the CSTeam was first an effort to connect guys to guys to serve together in Lodi as "The Church". But the amount of people willing to serve and the needs are so much greater the endeavor quickly gained interest, demand and momentum. It's transformed and grown to be an all inclusive pathway for all those who have a heart to serve others and make a difference in the Lodi community.
God has a wonderful plan for our life and seeing the needs, meeting the needs and serving others is how the wonderful life is lived out. Our greatest success is found in the middle of God's will for our life and giving of our time and talent through generosity is not what we do, it's who we are. God placed people in Lodi as a part of His plan for both them and the Lodi community at large. We embrace that plan for us and engage in the community God has entrusted unto us both spiritually, relationaly and operationally. We see ourselves as servant, stakeholders in our local community and we purpose to not replicate efforts of others but instead come up beside organizations that serve the community well and help them be more successful. It's all about "go and make" through UNITY of the commUNITY.
Bill Moersch, President
Norm Worthen, Vice President
Jean Moersch, Treasurer
Chuck Deeter, Secretary
Alejandro Villa, Director
Aaron Saulisberry, Director
Dave Tozi, Director
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19-20
"Even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
Generosity is not what we do, it's who we are.
What does love require of me?