The CommUNITY Service Team is a 501(c)(3) not for profit orgaization
When we LOVE everybody wins!
The CommUNITY service team is a love inspired effort of volunteers in Lodi California. As champions of action inspired by God we gather in UNITY to demonstrate Christ's love in specific ways through service, education and support.
The CommUNITY Service Team (CSTeam) SERVES by instigating, organizing and deploying community service projects with easy pathways to serve for both people and churches. CSTeam also EDUCATES by providing and facilitating Biblically based life application and recovery education / Life Group settings. Lastly the CSTeam SUPPORTS by coming up beside local community service organizations in order to help support both operationally and financially.
Please let us know you are all-in! and/or submit a service project requests via the "Contact Us" form on this site. The CommUNITY Service Team project review committee will contact you soon. Please note that this commUNITY service effort is limited in scope and capability and all projects will be evaluated and chosen based on context, expense and ability to perform.
EIN & DLN available upon request.
Public charity Status: 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)
Effective Date: August 8, 2018
Serve dinner at the Salvation Army Hope Harbor the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. Arrive at Hope Harbor 622 N. Sacramento Street @ 4:15pm. Dress casual with closed toed shoes and no phones in the kitchen. Ends at 5:30pm, no clean up, just serve. Click here to sign up.
The Morengo Men's Homes. 2 times per month 2pm - 4pm in Galt. A community service of visiting disabled men, encouraging, singing songs and sharing God's word and love.
Scheduled Nights of Worship and Prayer @ Hope Harbor. All welcome, +30ish attend, sign songs and share testimonies .
Community Garden at the Salvation Army Hope Harbor. All harvest is free to community.
* Men's Recovery Life Group / Hope Harbor. Ongoing Biblical life-skills & recovery education. Over 45 hours of educational training scheduled for 2019.
* Take Salvation Army Pre-Programmers to Freed by Faith @ Faith Community Church.
* Take Salvation Army Pre-Programmers and others to Sunday Church services at Faith Community Church.
* Friday @ Panera Men's Life Group. Every Friday morning 7:30am - 8:30am in the back.
COMPLETED PROJECTS / DONATIONS
* Purchased "Meat Monster" cooker $12,000 value acquired for $4,500
* Purchased 100 cup coffee pot for Grace & Mercy $130
* Purchased 25 Life Recovery Bibles for Freed by faith $300
* Donated $10,000 to Salvation Army of Lodi
* Donated $5,000 to Grace & Mercy
* Donated $5,000 to 180 Teen Center
* Salvation Army Christmas Party. 67 men, women and families at Hope Harbor
attended. We sang, ate pizza & wings, played BINGO for prizes, gave gifts and shared
what we are thankful for.
* 18+ Bell Ringers for the Salvation Army.
* Morengo Men's Homes Christmas Party. Bingo & gifts.
7 serve breakfast at Faith Community PJ's & Pancakes.
* 11 serve at Lodi House cleaning, building and large dump run & lunch @ IN N OUT $145
* 15 people served at the 2019 Salvation Army Lobster Feed
* New Salvation Army Hope Harbor Dining Room wall art work $350
* Purchased new 55" TV $400
* $1,000 donation to Church Planter / Pastor from Avanos Turkey
* Sponsored 2 men to Gravity Men’s Retreat $320
* 2019 Sponsors for the Habitat for Humanity & Salvation Army golf fundraisers $1,500
* An average of 15 Salvation Army men attending Sunday services at Faith Community
* 9 men baptized
* 2019 Salvation Army Golf Tournament sponsor $1,500
* Adult Teen Challenge, Ceres California. Biblical life-skills training and recovery education classes & “Guardrails Series” CD donation
* Planted community garden at Hope Harbor $100
* 5/2019 / Salvation Army Hope Harbor east wall community graphic by Daniel Bryant
* 2019 Love Lodi / Painted the entire dining hall at Salvation Army, Hope Harbor $450
* Teen Challenge of San Joaquin donation $1,000
* Purchased 4 cases of NIV Study Bibles $400
* Grace & Mercy storage upgrade project donation $5,000
* Salvation Army Annual Event sponsor & donation $1,000
* Morengo Homes CD Song Disk set replacement / extension cord
* Grace and Mercy complete north patio rebuild project. $2,500
* Grace and Mercy entry ramp upgrade project donation of $10.000
* Fully funded the Salvation Army Hope Harbor Flooring Replacement Project / +2K Sq. ft, waterproof flooring $14,500
* Salvation Army Men's Christmas Party 2018 $500
* Salvation Army Kettle Ringing $850
* Salvation Army Kettle Kick-off fundraiser $1,500
* Salvation Army Annual Lobster Feed service team
* Salvation Army Golf Tournament sponsor $1,500
* 9/2018 North Carolina post hurricane relief funding $5,000
* 9/8/2018, Faith Community Church. 13 local projects needing over 80 people
* Love Lodi projects
* Habitat For Humanity Golf Tournament Silver Sponsor $1,000
* Salvation Army Men's Christmas Party 2017 $450
* Salvation Army Women's Cubby build project for the women's entry $350
* 2 CommUNITY Service Saturdays in 2017 serving PRC of Lodi, Lodi House, Salvation Army and other Lodi needs.
9 guys baptized! 7/2019
Salvation Army Hope Harbor dining room wall painting project
Grace & Mercy Patio Project
Salvation Army Lobster Feed 2018
Alejandro Villa testimony 12/2018
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Grace & Mercy insures that no one goes hungry and as a community we pull together to make this a safe, healthy environment to live in and raise our families.
The Lodi House is a private non-profit organization that creats a secure, structured environment for homeless women and children. They provide stability, training, accountability and renewal for our clients.
A confidential medical clinic offering pregnancy testing, ultrasounds and education on the three pregnancy options: parenting, adoption and abortion, we provide parenting education to those who choose to continue their pregnancy through our parenting program and post abortion counseling to those who choose to do so.
Trinity Habitat for Humanity partners with people in our community to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage.
VolunteerMatch is the largest network in the nonprofit world, with the most volunteers, nonprofits and opportunities to make a difference.
The CommUNITY Service Team was birthed out of the Great Commission to "go and make" in the community He has entrusted unto us. For several decades the founder, Bill Moersch has been active ministry and service leadership in the Lodi community and CST was first an effort to connect guys to guys to serve together in Lodi as "The Church". But the amount of people willing to serve and the needs are so much greater the endeavor quickly gained interest, demand and momentum. It's transformed and grown to be an all inclusive pathway for all those who have a heart to serve others and make a difference in the Lodi community.
God has a wonderful plan for our life and seeing the needs, meeting the needs and serving others is how the wonderful life is lived out. Our greatest success is found in the middle of God's will for our life and giving of our time and talent through generosity is not what we do, it's who we are. God placed people in Lodi as a part of His plan for both them and the Lodi community at large. We embrace that plan for us and engage in the community God has entrusted unto us both spiritually, relationaly and operationally. We see ourselves as servant, stakeholders in our local community and we purpose to not replicate efforts of others but instead come up beside organizations that serve the community well and help them be more successful. It's all about "go and make" through UNITY of the commUNITY.
Bill Moersch, President
Norm Worthen, Secretary
Jean Moersch, Treasurer
Alejandro Villa, Director
Aaron Saulisberry, Director
Dave Tozi, Director
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Matthew 28:19-20
"Even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
Generosity is not what we do, it's who we are.
What does love require of me?